Debark a Dog
The devocalization or debarking operation although an elective procedure is performed usually as a life-saving one. In the spirit of a lifesaving operation, some veterinarians perform this surgery. In our experience, it is not as effective in medium and large dogs, but it is very effective in smaller breeds.
Many people are horrified at the thought of this, but the dogs have no problem. They bark away as usual except with a whisper rather than a normal voice.
In the future, most surgery will be a thing of the past when vanity surgery will be excluded since solutions other than surgery are in the future. The exceptions will be to correct inherited defects, injuries, and cosmetic surgery.
A tiff develops among individuals who support the conception of debarking a dog and those who are against it. In a debate about debarking a dog following are the arguments that are presented by those who do not support the idea of operating the dog’s removal of tissue from the dog’s vocal cords.
Against Debark a Dog
- It is very unfair to subject an innocent creature to unnecessary surgery to debark a dog.
- There would also be a big emotional damage to the dog on finding that he does not have the capacity to bark or produce sound.
- The operative method of debarking a dog is actually a cruel and lazy way to get rid of the rough sound of the dog. Rather, with proper training dogs can be trained to reduce their frequency of barking. Effective training may also reduce the intensity of producing the bark sound even of dogs belonging to the ‘barking breeds’.
For Debark a Dog
- As the term states debark a dog, the surgical way of making a dog quiet does not actually take away the ability of the dog to produce sound. Through surgery, the intensity of the sound produced by the dog only reduces to a mere sound of a whisper.
- In fact, debarking a dog actually saves the life of the dog from going to the pound. To get rid of the constant barking of the dog many owners even go to the extent of euthanizing the dog for their own well-being.
- Owners of a debarked dog will be free from a lot of troubles as their neighbors would not be complaining of the sound produced by the heavy bark of the dog at all hours.
- No such emotional damage has to be noticed by dogs that are debarked. Since only the volume of the sound produced by the dog becomes less the dog actually does not lose its ability to warn its enemy. In fact, it is found that debarked dogs are less punished by their owners and are happier than their barking counterparts.
Even though debarking helps the lives of dogs from going to pounds and also assures a happy relationship with the neighbors of their owner, the sound produced by the dog after the surgery may often be annoying for many dog owners.
See more: Caffeine Dogs
[…] See more: Debark a Dog […]